[rules-users] Nested properties and memberOf

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Fri Jul 16 14:49:25 EDT 2010

   It does short circuit on "constraints". Not on patterns.

   The problem is your assumption that rules are executed in order. They are
not. Check the manual for "Conflict Resolution".

   Also, the LHS of rules are executed at "insert"/"modify" time, so the LHS
of both rules will be executed before any of them is fired.

   The shortest syntax for your case is to use an mvel inline eval using the
null-safe navigation:

rule X
    dialect "mvel"
    CreditTransferTransactionInformation10( eval( !( accountNumbers contains
dbtrAcct.?id.?othr.?id ) ) )

   Of course, you can do all the null checks in the pattern itself, avoiding
the need to use the mvel syntax.

   Edson

  Edson Tirelli
  JBoss Drools Core Development