[rules-users] Question about Guvnor

Patricia Bogoevici patriciabogoevici at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 16 16:38:03 EDT 2010

Hi all,

My name is Patricia, and I am working on an enterprise app, that is using workflow and business rules (Drools). We need a way to allow the business users to modify the rules, and I started evaluating Drools Guvnor for whether it is good for our needs.
So far, it seems pretty ok, as it allows the end user to edit the rules, even for decision tables. I did not get too much into the details yet, but I noticed that searching rules/assets and sometimes even creating new rules is a bit slow. I do not have a lot of data, it is mostly the examples that Guvnor comes with plus some of my use cases. I am using the default set-up (JCR with local folder), and Tomcat 6.

Does any of you use Guvnor on production? If so, do you use JCR, or a DBMS? Did you run into any performance issues?
Thanks in advance.

P.S: I hope this is the right forum to ask this kind of questions.

--Patricia