[rules-users] How to configure conditional elements (IN, FROM) in Guvnor and more

Patricia Bogoevici patriciabogoevici at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 18 11:30:37 EDT 2010

Hi,

Oh, right. I am using 5.1.0.M2.

Thanks,
Patricia

--- On Sun, 7/18/10, Salaboy <salaboy at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Salaboy <salaboy at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [rules-users] How to configure conditional elements (IN, FROM) in Guvnor and more
To: "Rules Users List" <rules-users at lists.jboss.org>
Cc: "rules-users at lists.jboss.org" <rules-users at lists.jboss.org>
Date: Sunday, July 18, 2010, 11:17 AM

Which version of guvnor are you using?

- CTO @ http://www.plugtree.com- MyJourney @ http://salaboy.wordpress.com- Co-Founder @ http://www.jbug.com.ar- Mauricio "Salaboy" Salatino -
On Jul 18, 2010, at 4:22, Patricia Bogoevici <patriciabogoevici at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,

I am evaluating Drools Guvnor for our application, and I am stuck with a few things. I appreciate a lot, if someone can help me, or give me some hints.

1) How can I configure Guvnor, BRL Guided Editor, to allow for IN conditional element?
By default, when I create a new package, and then create a new BRL rule, I have these options for a text Fact field:
- equal
- not equal
- matches
- sounds
I do have the IN conditional element for the Decision Table rule - "is contained in the a (comma separated) list".

2) How can I configure Guvnor, Decision table, to use the FROM condition element?
I have a fact, Fact1, that contains a list of Fact2. The condition I need to configure in the Decision Table, is to iterate the collection of Fact2 objects that is on the Fact1, and apply constraints on Fact2 fields.

3) How
 can I insert a list of facts when testing a rule? My test case is the following:
I have a Fact1, which contains a list of Fact2. And the rule, is expecting to get Fact1, with a list of Fact2 inside.
When I create the Fact1, and add the collection field, it shows the option to create a guided list where I can specify a literal value, or a variable. But there is nowhere to create a Fact2 with its fields. I did inserted 2 separate Fact2 objects, but how I can link these 2 objects to the collection of the Fact1?

Thanks in advance,
Patricia

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----