[rules-users] Building a high-level editor for DRL-Files

skasab2s skasab2s at smail.inf.fh-brs.de
Mon Jul 19 13:14:02 EDT 2010

Hello,

in our company we have written many DRL-Files in the domain of medicine. Now
we want to use the Drools-IDE plugin for Eclipse in order to create a GUI
for editing DRL-Files, so that DRL-files can be edited by doctors with less
programming knowledge and not by the developers anymore. We imagine this as
a stand-alone plugin for Eclipse for graphical editing of DRL-Files (similar
to graphical editors for XML-Files).

As we mentioned above, we want to use the Drools-IDE (RCP) plugin as basis
for our application. Do you know where to start? Any ideas, advices? Is this
feature (or a similar to this feature) already implemented?  We looked to
the guided editor for .BRL-files but it is very restrictive (only one rule
can be defined, no globals, etc). Can DSL-writing help us solve our problem?

Many thanks, regards and sorry for the many questions,

skasab2s.