[rules-users] Wait state constriant

Kris Verlaenen Kris.Verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Thu Jul 22 18:24:50 EDT 2010

Reto,

State nodes only support rule constraints.  The reason is that a
constraint in a wait state should be continuously evaluated (while the
state is active), and the only way to do that efficiently is to use a
rule for that (as that is basically what a rules engine is good at).

I know the docs on the state node are outdated, will be updating this in
the next few days, as this was updated as one of the new 5.1 features.

For some simple examples, you can currently check out the junit tests
though:
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/labs/labs/jbossrules/trunk/drools-compiler/src/test/java/org/drools/integrationtests/ProcessStateTest.java

Kris