[rules-users] Using Drools for Business Rules Validation

pm-lemos pedrolemos454 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 11:59:54 EDT 2010

Hi everybody,

I've started reading about Drools and I quite didn't understand if it's
appropriate for a work I want to do...
I'm posting this in order to get some feedback about what other people may
think about it.

So heres what I need:

I need to develop some sort of application (A) to be used with in order to a
"client" to write a bunch of rules he wants a given software application (B)
to comply with. And as a client I want him to be able to write these rules
in an easy way (proximately to a natural language).
After those rules are defined, I want to run a bunch of processing over
those rules in order to interpret them having in consideration my software
application (B) and execute (for each rule) some kind of validation over
that same software application (B). Ideally those methods will return a
result for the "A" application.
(If need explanations, or more details... just ask)

Thanks in advance.
Pedro