[rules-users] Persistence issue using Oracle

Gerret Hansper gerret.public at gmx.de
Tue Mar 2 03:20:44 EST 2010

wytten <dale.wyttenbach <at> gmail.com> writes:

> The tables will be created depending on how you have persistence.xml
> configured (I used hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto value 'create')
> However, I did experience a problem with the eventTypes member of
> ProcessInstanceInfo:
> 'create table ProcessInstanceInfo_eventTypes' yields the error 'ORA-00972:
> identifier is too long'.
>
> The team is aware of this but I haven't seen a fix yet.
>
> Hope this helps.

Regarding the ProcessInstanceInfo table you can add a hibernate mapping
like
      <mapping resource="hbm.xml"/>
in persistence.xml
and then in hbm.xml something similar to

<hibernate-mapping package="com.foo.bar">
	<class name="org.drools.persistence.processinstance.ProcessInstanceEventInfo"
table="PI_EVT_INFO">
	<id name="processInstanceId" access="field" type="long" column="pi_id"/>
	</class>
</hibernate-mapping>

It's a while ago that I've been experimenting with the flow persistence but this
was the last step required to finally make it work, as far as I remember.

Regards,
Gerret