[rules-users] Adding an optional condition without using eval()

djb dbrownell83 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 2 07:36:52 EST 2010

Hi,

My rule template project is finally working, more-or-less.

I've got 5 lines of conditions, the last 2 of which are evals.  One of them
compares dates, and has to be an eval().  The other though, I think I should
be able to convert to non-eval DRL, but I am not sure how, because it is an
optional condition.

So, I've got
$current:Claim(historic==false, ...)
$historic:Claim(historic==true, ...)
eval($current.hasSameDoctor($historic,"@{CHECK_DOCTOR}"));

so, the line disappears if @{CHECK_DOCTOR} is blank, which is what I want.
I want something like, eval($current.doc == $historic.doc)
but i only want to check this if @{CHECK_DOCTOR} is "Y".

Is there any way to do this check without an eval?

Regards,
Daniel