[rules-users] Missing Component types in Drools Flow 5.1 SNAPSHOTEclipse plugin?

Kris Verlaenen kris.verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Fri Mar 5 09:52:44 EST 2010

Alan,

They haven't really disappeared.  The problem with the state and for each nodes is that we are switching to the BPMN2 specification as the underlying XML format but unfortunately those elements to not have an (exact) match in the BPMN2 spec.  This means we should extend the spec to support this.  However, since the spec itself is still evolving, we need to make sure we don't do anything now we will regret later (as the spec might be updated).  That's why you won't see them by default.

However, we didn't change anything that was already there.  So if you're still using the old custom RuleFlow XML format (select Drools 5.0 code compatibility when creating a new Flow or project) and the old default skin (in your preferences, under Drools, change the skin to default and reopen your process), the state and for each nodes are still there.

Also thanks for mentioning the escape characters issue, I'll look into that.

Kris