[rules-users] high sailence event/utility rules and ruleflows

H.C. canterburry at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 13:17:30 EST 2010

OK, this is weird, can someone explain the following behavior to me please:

I have two ruleflow groups (RFG1, RFG2), each rule within a ruleflow group
is assigned an agenda group with the same name as its ruleflow group (just
to keep namings consistent) and each rule has "auto focus true".

I also have a set of rules with an agenda group of "maintenance", auto focus
true and high sailence with no ruleflow group assigment

When my flow starts, rules in RFG1 fire, then my maintenance rules kick in
(as expected) and RFG1 is done. I then expect rules in RFG2 to start
processing along with any maintenance rules again. However, rules from RFG2
are never activated even though my facts support it, they have auto focus
true and they are next in the flow.

If I, however, insert a dummy "always true" rule into RFG2 with the same
agenda group, ruleflow and auto focus settings as all the other rules in
RFG2, suddently all the expected RFG2 rules are activated and fired along
with the correct maintenance rules.

So, obviously this has something to do with rules in RFG2 not getting focus
without the dummy rule. My presumtion was that if the facts in working
memory support a rule's activation, the auto focus setting would ensure the
rule being activated and eligible to fire? No?