[rules-users] marshal ActionNodeInstance

heldeen heldeen at overstock.com
Mon Mar 22 16:17:24 EDT 2010

Hello List,

I am marshalling using the DefaultMarshaller in drools and get the following
error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown node instance type:
org.drools.workflow.instance.node.ActionNodeInstance at d20c43
at
org.drools.marshalling.impl.AbstractProcessInstanceMarshaller.writeNodeInstanceContent(AbstractProcessInstanceMarshaller.java:243)
at
org.drools.marshalling.impl.AbstractProcessInstanceMarshaller.writeNodeInstance(AbstractProcessInstanceMarshaller.java:117)
at
org.drools.marshalling.impl.AbstractProcessInstanceMarshaller.writeProcessInstance(AbstractProcessInstanceMarshaller.java:106)
at
org.drools.marshalling.impl.AbstractProcessInstanceMarshaller.writeProcessInstance(AbstractProcessInstanceMarshaller.java:52)
at
org.drools.marshalling.impl.OutputMarshaller.writeProcessInstances(OutputMarshaller.java:750)
at
org.drools.marshalling.impl.OutputMarshaller.writeSession(OutputMarshaller.java:97)
at
org.drools.marshalling.impl.DefaultMarshaller.marshall(DefaultMarshaller.java:117)

The action node has some very basic java code that I have verified works
outside of the node. Is there a trick to get around this error or do I need
to report a bug?

-Heath