[rules-users] Guvnor users and case sensitivity

Jervisliu jliu at redhat.com
Tue Mar 23 06:45:11 EDT 2010

Hi, it is debatable whether or not Guvnor should support case
insensitive. After all, a lot of authentication systems are case
sensitivity, like Unix, Java EE role. There is no "easy" way to support
case insensitive without changing the source code. The best approach IMO
is to fix the issue at its root cause, i.e., disable case insensitive in
LDAP. But if this is not an option for you and you dont mind hacking
codes directly, you can modify RoleBasedPermissionStore
(http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/labs/labs/jbossrules/trunk/drools-guvnor/src/main/java/org/drools/guvnor/server/security/RoleBasedPermissionStore.java)
to make it case insensitive when it retrieves user permissions from data
store.

Cheers,
Jervis