[rules-users] drools-guvnor, problem when creating test scenarios based on referenced domain model

kicho golijat at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 04:54:57 EDT 2010

Hi Nicolas!

Thank you for your quick answer! But, i was kind of hoping that that's not
the solution...

I'll attach screen shots of rule configuration and test scenario so that we
could all see what am i doing wrong.

Rule screen:

http://n3.nabble.com/file/n519577/business_rule.jpg

Rule source:

http://n3.nabble.com/file/n519577/business_rule_src.jpg

Test scenario:

http://n3.nabble.com/file/n519577/test_scenario.jpg

When i choose "Run scenario": this is what i get:

http://n3.nabble.com/file/n519577/test_scenario_fail.jpg

As you can see, i get a blank screen with no info at all, which points me to
conclusion that something (not good) happend.

In server log i found this:

2010-03-25 09:27:17,684 INFO  [STDOUT] ERROR 25-03 09:27:17,684
(ServiceImplementation.java:runScenario:1942) 	 [Error: could not
access/write property (roleAttr) in: comExpert01.User]
[Near : {... __fact__.roleAttr = __val_ ....}]
                                       ^
[Line: 1, Column: 0]

I've tried to google this but with no success.
I'm running guvnor as a standalone dist downloaded from jboss site, version
5.0.1 on jbossAS 4.2.3, for repository instead of derby i'm using mysql 5.x

I should also mention that if i don't declare roleAttr in test scenario
(something like this):

http://n3.nabble.com/file/n519577/test_scenario_no_roleAttr.jpg

I get another blank screen after running test with this exception in log
file:

2010-03-25 09:49:38,295 INFO  [STDOUT] ERROR 25-03 09:49:38,295
(ServiceImplementation.java:runScenario:1942)
org.drools.RuntimeDroolsException: Exception executing predicate
roleAttr.roleName == "ADMIN"

Since there is no documentation about managing test scenarios i don't know
what is wrong here.

If you could give me some more directions or hints i would be very grateful.