[rules-users] Sliding Windows - Error

Paul R. reverselogic at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 21:22:51 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm using an accumulate on a sliding window to count the number of events,
which occur in a 30 second window;
the events are inserted every 5 seconds - so with a 30 second window, I
would expect 6 events to occur.

The rule below never fires, though from the log output, it looks as though
the condition has matched successfully?

declare Foo
    @role ( event )
    @expires ( 60s )
    @timestamp ( date )
end

rule "Count Foo"
when
    c : Number(intValue > 5) from accumulate
        $f : Foo()
            over window:time ( 30s )
            from entry-point ChannelDataStream,
        count($f))
then
    System.out.println("Count [30s] = " + c);
end

OBJECT ASSERTED value:com.test.DroolsTest$Foo at c52200 factId: 1
OBJECT ASSERTED value:com.test.DroolsTest$Foo at 128edf2 factId: 3
OBJECT ASSERTED value:com.test.DroolsTest$Foo at 1dddba factId: 4
OBJECT ASSERTED value:com.test.DroolsTest$Foo at c7e8a7 factId: 5
OBJECT ASSERTED value:com.test.DroolsTest$Foo at 7b4703 factId: 6
ACTIVATION CREATED rule:Count Foo activationId:Count Foo [2, 0]
declarations: c=6(2)
OBJECT ASSERTED value:com.test.DroolsTest$Foo at 1732ed2 factId: 7
ACTIVATION CANCELLED rule:Count Foo activationId:Count Foo [2, 0]
declarations: c=6(2)
ACTIVATION CREATED rule:Count Foo activationId:Count Foo [2, 0]
declarations: c=6(2)
OBJECT ASSERTED value:com.test.DroolsTest$Foo at be76c7 factId: 8
ACTIVATION CANCELLED rule:Count Foo activationId:Count Foo [2, 0]
declarations: c=6(2)
ACTIVATION CREATED rule:Count Foo activationId:Count Foo [2, 0]
declarations: c=6(2)

Can anybody explain why this is happening? I've attached a test case, which
demonstrates the problem.

Thanks in advance.

- Paul