[rules-users] Resuming the Flow: SESSION_ID, PROCESS_INSTANCE_ID, WORKITEM_ID

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 13:49:24 EDT 2010

Hi,
1) if you have subprocesses and you ask for your node instances in the
Parent Process you will get a Node of type SubProcessNode, you will not get
all the work items related inside it. You need to use the sub process id and
then get all the node instances inside it to see which work items needs to
be completed

2) yes it is accuarate. You always need a session, because the
ProcessInstances lives inside a session.

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 1:11 PM, tolitius <webakaunt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Salaboy,
>
>    Thank you. Makes it clear"er" :)
>
>    1. So I get the list of current Nodes [btw, does it include all the
> nodes for the sub-processes(sub-flows) as well?], but how do I know which
> one I should complete?
>
>        Here is a use case:
>
>                   Approval Manager approves a Document, so there is some
> kind of a business service that gets called:
>
>                       documentApprovalService.approveDocument( approver,
> document )
>
>                   since this is a business service, it has no clue about
> Drools Flow (and it should not), but it does have a documentId, which can
> be
> used by the WorkflowService [which wraps Drools Flow, to ensure that the
> calling code does not depend on a particular workflow engine, which
> effectively decouples business layer from extra Drools Flow configuration,
> etc.. ].
>
>                   Now let's say the flow has several AppoveMe nodes, and
> that was just one of them which has been approved.
>
>                   The service will call WorkflowService.resumeFlow(
> documentId ). DocumentId has relationship to SESSION_ID, and
> PROCESS_INSTANCE_ID.
>
> QUESTION: inside the "resumeFlow", how do I know _which_ one of those
> ApproveMe workitems to mark complete?
>
>    2. Would that be accurate to say that new session needs to be created to
> "startProcess( flowId, params )"? [assumption is taken from what I see
> happening in DB]
>
> Thank you,
> /Anatoly

- http://salaboy.wordpress.com