[rules-users] marshal ActionNodeInstance

Kris Verlaenen Kris.Verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Fri Mar 26 20:33:18 EDT 2010

Heath,

Actually, you shouldn't be marshaling an action node instance (hence the
exception).  The marshaling should only occur when the engine is not
actively executing.  But action nodes always execute immediately.  So no
action node instances should exist when you are marshaling.

Are you invoking the marshaling manually during execution yourself?
This exception could also occur if you are marshaling while another
thread is still executing (in which case a command handler might help).

Kris

Quoting heldeen <heldeen at overstock.com>:

> Hello List,
>
> I am marshalling using the DefaultMarshaller in drools and get the
> following
> error:
>
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown node instance type:
> org.drools.workflow.instance.node.ActionNodeInstance at d20c43
> at

org.drools.marshalling.impl.AbstractProcessInstanceMarshaller.writeNodeInstanceContent(AbstractProcessInstanceMarshaller.java:243)
> at

org.drools.marshalling.impl.AbstractProcessInstanceMarshaller.writeNodeInstance(AbstractProcessInstanceMarshaller.java:117)
> at

org.drools.marshalling.impl.AbstractProcessInstanceMarshaller.writeProcessInstance(AbstractProcessInstanceMarshaller.java:106)
> at

org.drools.marshalling.impl.AbstractProcessInstanceMarshaller.writeProcessInstance(AbstractProcessInstanceMarshaller.java:52)
> at

org.drools.marshalling.impl.OutputMarshaller.writeProcessInstances(OutputMarshaller.java:750)
> at

org.drools.marshalling.impl.OutputMarshaller.writeSession(OutputMarshaller.java:97)
> at

org.drools.marshalling.impl.DefaultMarshaller.marshall(DefaultMarshaller.java:117)