[rules-users] Resuming the Flow: SESSION_ID, PROCESS_INSTANCE_ID, WORKITEM_ID

tolitius webakaunt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 21:32:58 EDT 2010

Kris, Salaboy,

    I am just looking for the best approach to establish a relationship
between the business "Activity" and the Drools Flow "Workitem".

    So according to Kris (thank you), WorkItemHandler would have a reference
to a WorkItemId that can be persisted before the workflow gets suspended
[goes to the "wait state"].

    So let me try to ask my question again: "businessService is passing a
documentId to the workflowService.resumeWorkflow( documentId )...", can the
workItemID be persisted using a Variable Persistence, so when the flow
resumes, I can just do processInstance.getVariable( "workItemId" ) [or
whatever the API to get variable is]?

     If NOT, is there a place within the Drools Flow tables, I can persist
this WorkItemID [besides the VariableInstanceInfo]?

Thank you,
/Anatoly

P.S. These are two questions