[rules-users] Resuming the Flow: SESSION_ID, PROCESS_INSTANCE_ID, WORKITEM_ID

KiranP phadatarekiran at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 01:53:41 EDT 2010

hello tolitius,kris,salaboy,

may b i m wrong......but the same use case given by tolitius was required by
me so i came up with
the soultion myself as
the workitemhandler itself persist the workitemID( workItem.getId() ) with
businessID

hence when ever the workitem completes the workitem id is available wid
businessID

then the resumeProcess() function query the Process DB( my process is using
drools persistence)

private int getSessionFromWorkItem(long workItemId){
		long processId;
		EntityManager em=emf.createEntityManager();
		 WorkItemInfo winfo=em.find(WorkItemInfo.class, new Long(workItemId));
		 if(winfo!=null){
			 processId=winfo.getProcessInstanceId();

		 }else{
                     return 0;
		 }
		return processId;
	}

this works fine but i think it is too complicated so........if u have any
ideas plz provide

I cant do with the iterating of nodes and finding the workitem as in my case
i have many tasks having same names

thanks in advance

-----
Keep Working >>:working: