[rules-users] Drools Flow: Getting to the right Process from the re-loaded Session

tolitius webakaunt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 19:41:04 EDT 2010

I have many entities that are related to the flow, and I am confident, I
should not make them aware of something as low level as the Drools Flow
"Process Instance ID".

The only approach I can think of so far is to have an aggregate root ID (
business ) persisted via Variable Persistence and craft a custom query that
will for this business ID, get me a "processId" of the
"variableinstanceinfo" table where "processinstanceinfo" state is "1", but
that does not seem a clean solution + I am not too sure it is a reliable
one, due to relying on process state, etc..

PROCESS_INSTANCE_ID, SESSION_ID, etc... this is a framework DSL, which
should not impact my Business DSL. Therefore, I was looking for a cleaner
approach.

It seems that it should be quite simple, when the session is reloaded to
find the Process Instance ID. Is it not?