[rules-users] Rules doubt

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Tue May 4 07:54:16 EDT 2010

Actually, this kind of error isn't discovered by the Drools DRL compiler; it
would be flagged by the Java compiler. (You can verify: if you make the same
error in Java code, you'll get that error message.)

But if you are using dialect "mvel" (are you?), this is not flagged as an
error, and it would silently convert the Double to a String, and set
fid31003 to "497.0". Is this what keeps your other rules from firing, i.e.,
the excess ".0"?

I suggest that you do not use "mvel" unless there is a compelling reason (in
other rules). Even then, you might restrict use "mvel" to those rules where
it is really necessary.

-W