[rules-users] Rules doubt

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Tue May 4 10:34:44 EDT 2010

Here, I've found this for you, a comment from the Drools source file
org.drools.rule.builder.dialect.java.JavaDialectConfiguration

 * There are options to use various flavours of runtime compilers.
 * Apache JCI is used as the interface to all the runtime compilers.
 *
 * You can also use the system property "drools.compiler" to set the
desired compiler.
 * The valid values are "ECLIPSE" and "JANINO" only.
 *
 * drools.dialect.java.compiler = <ECLIPSE|JANINO>
 * drools.dialect.java.lngLevel = <1.5|1.6>
 *
 * The default compiler is Eclipse and the default lngLevel is 1.5.
 * The lngLevel will attempt to autodiscover your system using the
 * system property "java.version"
 *
 * The JavaDialectConfiguration will attempt to validate that the
specified compiler
 * is in the classpath, using ClassLoader.loasClass(String). If you intented to
 * just Janino sa the compiler you must either overload the compiler
property before
 * instantiating this class or the PackageBuilder, or make sure
Eclipse is in the
 * classpath, as Eclipse is the default.

Try it without the JANINO setting - it *should* flag the setter with
the incompatible types.

If you haven't used MVEL so far, I don't see any reason to start now.

-W