[rules-users] expert: usage of ruleflow-groups

Miguel Machado mls.machado at gmail.com
Tue May 4 11:19:52 EDT 2010

Hi there,

I'm having some trouble implementing the desired workflow of rule firing in an application using drools expert. I've read the thread about the difference between ruleflow groups and agenda groups, but it is still unclear to me how to achieve what i need.

What i intend to have is the ability to fire a specific set of rules according to the object i'm inserting into the ksession.

I do not want to use agenda-groups because it stacks all the agenda groups declared on the rule file (as far as i understand) and therefore it may fire activations i do not want to be fired. Instead, i want to isolate them completely. I tried using ruleflow groups for this, but i cannot find a way to activate a specific group programmatically, before calling fireAllRules(), the way i can with agenda-groups (setFocus() method).

That being said, i'm asking for help in trying to use either one of ruleflow/agenda groups or even both in order to get things working the way i described.

Thanks in advance,
_ miguel