[rules-users] drools-server - how to find cause of ERROR 500: Internal Server Error.

ron riley r.riley at lse.ac.uk
Fri May 7 11:47:06 EDT 2010

Hi

"Are you using the trunk version of the Drools Server project?"

I'm using drools-server 5.0.1

"can you share with us the messages that you are sending to the server?"

<knowledgebase-request>
    <globals/>
    <inOutFacts>
        <named-fact>
            <id>test</id>
            <fact class="test.Test">
                <date>2009-09-27T11:59:00.000Z</date>
            </fact>
        </named-fact>
    </inOutFacts>
</knowledgebase-request>

This xml is marshalled from a jaxb  generated pojo, when the java code looks
like this:

package test;

import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlAccessType;
import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlAccessorType;
import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlElement;
import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlRootElement;
import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlSchemaType;
import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlType;
import javax.xml.datatype.XMLGregorianCalendar;

@XmlAccessorType(XmlAccessType.FIELD)
@XmlType(name = "", propOrder = {
    "date"
})
@XmlRootElement(name = "Test")
public class Test {

    @XmlElement(required = true)
    @XmlSchemaType(name = "dateTime")
    protected XMLGregorianCalendar date;

    public XMLGregorianCalendar getDate() {
        return date;
    }

    public void setDate(XMLGregorianCalendar value) {
        this.date = value;
    }

}

 If I comment out the <date> element in the above xml then I get a normal
reply:
<knowledgebase-response>
  <globals/>
  <inOutFacts>
    <named-fact>
      <id>test</id>
      <fact class="test.Test"/>
    </named-fact>
  </inOutFacts>
</knowledgebase-response>

The jars for the java class are in the drools-server lib and I've put the
jaxb-api.jar there as well, but feel as if I'm shooting in the dark as no
messages are returned and nothing is written to the logs, just get the 500

Cheers

Ron