[rules-users] Error in Drools Fusion Example

Tina Vießmann tviessmann at stud.hs-bremen.de
Sat May 8 12:07:35 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to get the Drools Fusion from the download page example to
run. But I'm getting the following error messages and I don't know why.

----
File: broker.drl

line 31
  BuildError: Unable to build expression for 'consequence': Failed to
compile: 1 compilation error(s):  - (1,10) unqualified type in strict
mode for: Statistics
     Statistics s = new Statistics();
     s.symbol = $s;
     insert( s );

line: 74
BuildError: Unable to build expression for 'consequence': Failed to
compile: 1 compilation error(s): - (1,12) unable to resolve method using
strict-mode: java.lang.Object.percent(double)
     services.log( "Drop >5%: "+$sb+" delta: $"+percent($dt)+" price:
$"+$pr );

----
File: Broker.java

line: 92
The method add(Resource, ResourceType) is undefined for the type
KnowledgeBuilder

line: 102
The method setOption(EventProcessingOption) is undefined for the type
KnowledgeBaseConfiguration

----

What's the problem?

Greetings :)