[rules-users] skip workflow's task from NodeInstance

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Sun May 9 15:04:24 EDT 2010

I can help you, can you clarify the Use Case that you are trying to model?
Because how you model the business process really depends on the business
use case. Based on that we can give you suggestions about the type of node
to use in each situation.
When you clarify that you will end up answering all your questions.
For example, if you have a human task inside your process your UI should
list only the human task that are already created.
For my perspective there is no need to list all the active processes in your
UI, unless you want to do have some kind of Drools Flow administration
console, that is not business related.
Greetings

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 2:55 PM, dgimenes <dranelf at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to do a web page that lists the active workflows
> (processInstances) and it's respective tasks that are waiting to be
> processed to continue the flow. Also, I'd like to create a button to those
> tasks to skip them, and go to the next task.
>
> The first part I've already done with
> ((RuleFlowProcessInstance)ProcessInstance).getNodeInstances() (and so on),
> but now I want to know if it's possible to skip the node with just a
> NodeInstance objetct. Can you help me?
>
> thx.
>
> just in case, I'm using the words "node", "activity" and "task" to
> represent
> the same thing.

- http://salaboy.wordpress.com
- http://www.jbug.com.ar