[rules-users] Rule salience vs salience of ruleflow executions?

H.C. canterburry at gmail.com
Tue May 11 11:01:13 EDT 2010

Those maintenance rules possibly make other rules in my ruleflows re-evaluate
and I need to share them across my ruleflow because they are applicable
everywhere. In this particular case, I have a rule saying that if an error
status is flagged  (different from exception), halt drools and return. This
way, regardless of where I am in the flow, I just need one rule that will
kick in when needed.

In this particular case, I am expecting this halting rule to be executed and
terminate my execution but instead the flow continues. I even see the
created activation of the rule where I expect to see it in the audit trail
but instead of being the next rule executed, the flow proceeds. The next
flow task is a script task which throws an error due to the needed data not
being available which makes sense, because the engine should have terminated
already.