[rules-users] Questions about using Knowledge Agent

John Peterson john.peterson.gv3k at statefarm.com
Tue May 11 12:07:11 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to get the sample code in the Drools 5.0.1 User Manual to
work locally for a Knowledge Agent, but I'm missing some info (from my
perspective) to get it to run.

Question #1:

>From the User Manual (3.2.6):

KnowledgeAgent kagent =
          KnowledgeAgentFactory.newKnowledgeAgent( "MyAgent" );
kagent.applyChangeSet( ResourceFactory.newUrlResource( url ) );
KnowledgeBase kbase = kagent.getKnowledgeBase();

In the third line, what is "url" and how is it defined in the java code?
I don't know what to set up here to make it work.  I've found this same
code on multiple sites, but no answer to the question.

Question #2:

How do I set up a Change Set XML file?  I see the XML, but I don't know
where to put the file and how to link it into the code.

Question #3:

Does KnowledgeAgent replace RuleAgent for invoking Guvnor-deployed
packages in 5.0.1?  If so, how do you specify the url of the deployed
package from Guvnor?

Sorry if my questions are ignorant.  I've been trying to find these
answers for several days and hit the point where I needed to get some
help.

Thanks,

John