[rules-users] Parallelization

djb dbrownell83 at hotmail.com
Wed May 12 08:52:54 EDT 2010

Well, I just wanted to report some results...

I added the GC switch -server, just to be sure, but anyway,

I was having endless trouble with my ThreadPoolExecutor, and switched to:
ExecutorService threadPool = Executors.newFixedThreadPool(5);

And my claims now process at an unfathomable 5ms each!  A week ago, it was
330ms per claim.  So, I've managed to get a 66-fold speed increase.

Thanks for all your help.  I reckon the boss will be happy with this.