[rules-users] Validation using time driven rule execution

Esteban Aliverti esteban.aliverti at gmail.com
Thu May 13 08:11:26 EDT 2010

You can use the 3 modules:

   - Flow: To model your process. Maybe the parts where doctors need to do
   manual tasks can be modeled using Human Task nodes or even Work Items.
   - Fusion: If you need to add time constraints to your rules, fusion is
   the way!
   - Expert: Well... If you use Flow and Fusion, you are using expert.

Doctors could insert some Facts when they perform their tasks and you can
have rules that use fusion to validate that.

This could be one of many solutions.

Best,

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 5:54 AM, skasab2s <skasab2s at smail.inf.fh-brs.de>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> our medical company plans using drools for validation of blood poisoning.
> In
> this situation should be checked, if a patient has blood poisoning (this is
> the simple part of the problem). The hard part of the problem is, that some
> actions (let's say A, B, and C) should be executed by the doctor after
> detecting the blood posisoning in particular order and time frequency (and
> we want Drools to check, if they have been executed). Drools should then do
> this:
>
> after 10 minutes: check if action A has been executed by the doctor
> after 15 minutes: check if action B has been executed by the doctor
> after 20 minutes: check if action C has been executed by the doctor
>
> Can we do this with one "fireAllRules" (the Java code for triggering drools
> has it's own timer and we don't want it to mess our times for executing the
> actions)? What should we use: drools expert, drools fusion or drools flow,
> in order to implement the given situation? Can you short describe a
> solution?
>
> Thanks a lot and many regards,
>
> skasab2s

Esteban Aliverti