[rules-users] Jbilling Drools performance

Antonio Anderson Souza antonio at voicetechnology.com.br
Tue May 18 10:49:06 EDT 2010

Dear All,

I've finished the tests with the digit per digit comparison without eval,
but the performance does not increased a lot, it still taking about 1 minute
per CDR, that is so slow for a Telecom Carrier, follow a piece of the new
spreadsheet below:

  *RuleSet* *pricing* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
*

 *Sequencial* *true* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
*

 *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
*

 *RuleTable Padrao* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
*  *CONDITION* *CONDITION* *CONDITION* *CONDITION* *CONDITION* *CONDITION* *
CONDITION* *CONDITION* *CONDITION* *CONDITION* *CONDITION* *CONDITION* *
CONDITION* *ACTION* *PRIORITY *  *PricingField* *PricingField* *PricingField
* *PricingField* *PricingField* *PricingField* *PricingField* *PricingField*
*PricingField* *PricingField* *PricingField* *PricingField* *PricingManager*
*manager* *salience*  name digit0 == '$param' name digit1 == '$param'
name digit2
== '$param' name digit3 == '$param' name digit4 == '$param' name digit5 ==
'$param' name digit6 == '$param' name digit7 == '$param' name digit8 ==
'$param' name digit9 == '$param' name digit10 == '$param' name digit11 ==
'$param' itemId setPrice($param)
 Campo Digito1 Campo Digito2 Campo Digito3 Campo Digito4 Campo Digito5 Campo
Digito6 Campo Digito7 Campo Digito8 Campo Digito9 Campo Digito10 Campo
Digito11 Campo Digito12 ID do Item Preço Ordem  digit0 5 digit1 5 digit2 9
digit3 9 digit4 3 digit5 2 digit6 6 digit7 3 digit8 1 digit9 0 digit10 0
digit11 9 300 0.32610 1  digit0 5 digit1 5 digit2 9 digit3 8 digit4 3 digit5
2 digit6 6 digit7 3 digit8 5 digit9 0 digit10 8 digit11 9 300 0.32610 2
digit0 5 digit1 5 digit2 9 digit3 8 digit4 3 digit5 2 digit6 6 digit7 3
digit8 5 digit9 0 digit10 8 digit11 8 300 0.32610 3  digit0 5 digit1 5
digit2 9 digit3 8 digit4 3 digit5 2 digit6 6 digit7 3 digit8 5 digit9 0
digit10 8 digit11 7 300 0.32610 4  digit0 5 digit1 5 digit2 9 digit3 8
digit4 3 digit5 2 digit6 6 digit7 2 digit8 5 digit9 0 digit10 0 digit11 6
300 0.32610 5

Do i need to make some special treatment to get Drools indexing my rules?
I'm using the guvnor to upload the spreadsheet and compile the rules.

Does anybody have some tips to increase the performance?

Thank you very much,

Antonio Anderson Souza
Voice Technology
http://www.antonioams.com