[rules-users] removeKnowledgePackage Call Hangs!!

malkhafaji moe.alkhafaji at medcpu.com
Tue May 18 18:16:24 EDT 2010

Thanks for the post Thomas. Actually, I wanted to load and unload KBs WHILE I
am running the rules. That was not a problem at all, and it is not a problem
with many other KBs.

I was inspired by your post (so thank you very much) and started looking to
maybe externalizing the removal from the rules themselves, however, I
"accidentally" came across the fix!! I found out that as long as you keep
the stateless session active across engine runs, it is a problem with the
unloading (and again unloading ONLY sometimes with some packages). So, I
disposed of the session at the end of every execution (which is something I
probably should do anyways with a stateless session) and recreated one from
the KnowledgeBase when I execute the rules again. This works like a charm!!!
Now, I am able to load and unload package from within the rules themselves
during execution. That fixed it!

Thanks Thomas again for the "inspiration" that led me to the answer.