[rules-users] Drools 5.1 Persistence without JTA

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Wed May 19 11:41:05 EDT 2010

On 19/05/2010 16:13, Pablo Nussembaum wrote:
> Hi Kiram,
> We are currently working, through the spring integration, on adding
> support for using processes without JTA. The only pending feature is the
> automatic rollback handling that JTA provides, that means that you
> *MUST* reload the session instance after a rollback.

I'm now wondering if automic rollback was such as good idea; I'm just
not sure of a good way to ensure integrity between the rules and the
process interactions if the current workingmemory becomes invalid. for
processes it just loads the process on demand anyway, so automatic
rollback isn't needed, for rules it's a little more complicated.

Mark