[rules-users] Configuration file problem in Glassfish

Zack Pederson Zack.Pederson at biworldwide.com
Wed May 19 13:51:21 EDT 2010

I've run into a problem with the 5.0 version of drools and it's interaction
with the Glassfish app server. When the drools engine is initializing it
looks for the drools.rulebase.conf file in the user.home directory. In my
company's app server environments, the applications are not allowed to write
to or read from the user.home directory so it throws an
AccessControlException saying access is denied and the application will not
start up. Is there any way to tell drools not too look for this file short
of downloading the source, modifying it and creating my own jars? I've
tracked the offending code down to the ChainedProperties class in the
drools-core jar so I know what to change if it comes down to that.

Thanks in advance.

Zack