[rules-users] Drools Flow Loop

skasab2s skasab2s at smail.inf.fh-brs.de
Fri May 21 05:45:07 EDT 2010

Hello,

we want to use in our company a ruleflow with a loop. The loop should be
executed every 5 minutes and should be exited on some conditions based on
the facts (for example Fact1 ( value > 50)). This is our resulting ruleflow
(see attached image).
http://n3.nabble.com/file/n833857/ValidationBloodPoisoning.png

The problem is the following:

When the ruleflow goes from the Split-Node to the clearWorkingMemory-Node,
everything works fine, but after going from split to join (i.e. the loop
begins), nothing is executed anymore, although we expected that after the
Join-Node the Node-Group "Detect Blood Poisoning" should be executed. My
Join-Node is from type XOR.

Do you have any ideas why the loop is not executed ? Should we allow loops
explicitly ? I've searched this forum about this but I don't came to
solution.