[rules-users] Call for Vote: Drools support in IntelliJ IDEA

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Fri May 21 17:47:00 EDT 2010

Hi Ansgar,
I'm a Netbeans/IntelliJ IDEA developer and I do my projects using Drools and
contribute with Drools using those IDEs, it's not a limitation at all, would
be nice to have autocompletion and a process designer, but at the end you
end up writing DRL by hand and XML for the processes.

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 5:41 PM, Ansgar Konermann <
ansgar.konermann at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm wondering whether there are any Drools users on this list using
> IntelliJ IDEA to do their regular development work.
>
> As you might know, there is currently no Drools support in IntelliJ
> IDEA. However, it would be nice to have this support. Switching between
> your Java / Groovy / Scala / whatever project in IDEA and your rules
> project in a different tool is cumbersome. There must be one tool to
> rule them all! :-)
>
> There exists a feature request to add Drools support to one of the
> future releases of IntelliJ IDEA.
>
> Sadly, the feature request seems to have received only little attention
> from the IDEA developers.
>
> If you want to help out changing this, register a user account with the
> IntelliJ issue tracking system [1] and vote for this feature request
> [2]. Also feel free to add your comments or needs to the issue ticket.
>
> I'd be glad if some of you vote for this ticket. Thanks.
>
> Regards
>
> Ansgar
>
> [1] http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/registerUserForm
> [2] http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/issue/IDEA-24348