[rules-users] Moving from Jrules to Drools a couple of Issues

paulnnosh astreets at companieshouse.gov.uk
Wed May 26 04:56:35 EDT 2010

Hi Chaps,

We currently use Jrules 5 and are looking at our options going forward. We
are going to evaluate Drools alongside some other products. So far I like
the look of Drools but there are a couple of things that are puzzling me...

- In our Jrules implementation our BOM/XOM exposes some of our application
logic so that our rules can access application code and services to make
decisions and updates where necessary. I can't see how this is possible in
Drools.

- Our ruleflows use decision tables to define which rules will run dependant
upon the transaction type received. This makes assigning a rule to a single
ruleflow group inappropriate as one rule could be used by many different
transactions. Is it possible to create an ArrayList of rules and execute
them one at a time via ruleflow action node?

Many Thanks