[rules-users] Moving from Jrules to Drools a couple of Issues

paulnnosh astreets at companieshouse.gov.uk
Thu May 27 06:04:19 EDT 2010

I Just need clarification on the injection of POJOs to give access to
application services etc...

I understand the fact that POJOs inserted into the working memory are direct
references to the actual objects inserted by the calling application, that's
great. However, currently in Jrules (sorry to keep telling you what we have
already!) a number of our functions make regualr use of a large number of
our core application classes. To have to insert all of these each time a
ruleset is called would soon become unwieldy and I have concerns about the
amount of working memory that would be required. Is it possible to create a
reference to my application and initilise this at the start up of the server
so that these classes are available to my packages without having to load
them into WM each time?

Many Thanks