[rules-users] Activation-group does not work when using a Stateless Session with Sequential Mode enabled

Nathan Bell Nathan.Bell at pharmacyonesource.com
Thu May 27 13:27:45 EDT 2010

We spent some time trying to figure out why our activation-group
functionality was not working. Activation groups are supposed to cause only
a single rule to fire within the same group. What we were experiencing is
that all the rules were firing, essentially ignoring the activation-group
setting. We have determined that it is because we were setting an option on
the KnowledgeBaseConfiguration of Sequential.Yes. If we comment out that
line activation-groups work.

I don't know enough to know if this is by design or if it is a bug. I
searched the documentation and the drools-user Nabble forum and could not
find an answer to this issue. I wanted to at least post this information so
that if anyone else has this problem they don't have to go through the same
struggle we had.