[rules-users] FileNotFoundException for drl file in classpath

bcarlson bencarlson at gmail.com
Fri May 28 00:13:01 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm relatively new to drools, and although I've gotten my first app working
from the command line, I am not incorporating it into a web app, and having
a heck of a time getting the drl file found!

Long story short, the drl file is in the package: com.abc.xyz

I'm trying to load it with the following:

kbuilder.add(ResourceFactory.newClassPathResource("keyRules.drl",this.getClass()),ResourceType.DRL);

and I've placed it in about 42 places throughout my app in the futile
attempt to get it to load. What am I missing? Can someone help me understand
the whole classpath loading? I mean, I've put the path to the .drl file in
my classpath, and it's simply not finding the file.

Thanks for your help!

-an exasperated newbie drools user