[rules-users] importing functions in rules

Samuli Saarinen samuli.saarinen at remion.com
Tue Nov 2 07:49:42 EDT 2010

Hello,

Using mvel dialect in rules I'm getting rule compilation errors
depending on the way I import functions. I have the following rule:

rule "R1"
dialect "mvel"
test()
end

Using import function com.test.Functions.test compiles and runs fine.

but using import function com.test.Functions.* causes the compilation to
fail with the following message:

Unable to build expression for 'consequence': [Error: Failed to compile:
1 compilation error(s):
  - (1,6) unable to resolve method using strict-mode:
java.lang.Object.test()]
[Near : {... Unknown ....}]
              ^
[Line: 1, Column: 0] '		test();
' : [Rule name='R1']

If I set the dialect to java it works in both ways. Is this expected
behavior?

Cheers,
Samuli

--
Remion Oy           Etävalvontajärjestelmät liiketoiminnan
Samuli Saarinen           tehostamiseen