[rules-users] Temporal operator before[1ms, oo] exhibtis strange behaviour

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 06:51:42 EDT 2010

Hi Wolfgang,

I'd assume your assumption to be correct.

Cloud Mode's definition in the Fusion manual includes:-

"When running in CLOUD mode, the engine sees all facts in the working
memory, does not matter if they are regular facts or events, as a whole" and
"There is no notion of time....There is no requirement on event ordering.
The engine looks at the events as an unnordered cloud against which the
engine tries to match rules"

So "before" has no meaning.

Edson will have to advise how CLOUD mode affects pattern matching and node
propagation though! My assumption, based on your results, is that patterns
including temporal operators are unmatched by default - but probably a
little more to it than that.

With kind regards,

Mike