[rules-users] Performance monitoring and hotspot detection in rules?

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Mon Nov 8 01:52:55 EST 2010

On 07/11/2010 21:59, H.C. wrote:
> Mark,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I figured 3 and 4 were currently possible but 1 and 2
> puzzled me.
>
> "it interates from root to tip repeatedly, so you can't easily determine how
> long it spends in each node"
>
> Sorry, looks like my prior statement (#2) was misleading. Actually, I don't
> care so much about timing each condition of a rule but are looking to get
> the total time it takes to evaluate all conditions of a rule.
This isn't possible as conditions are shared amoung rules and a rule's
conditions are not tested all at the time time, but incrementally as
knowledge is added that matches that rule. The best you can get is the
time it takes to evaluate all conditions for all rules by testing the
time it takes for an insert to do.
> I am not
> looking to break out statistics for each conditional statement of the rule.
> Would this be easier/possible to do or does it face the same issues?
same issue.