[rules-users] Query query...

Dennis Duggan dennis at esptechnologies.com
Tue Nov 9 13:55:12 EST 2010

I have 2 types of objects in my knowledge base that I am trying to equate.  Equality is based on a number of different variables contained in the objects.  Once I find equal objects I set a status member in each to "Matched", otherwise it will be "OneKnows" or "TwoKnows".

After I fire the rules I use queries that I call from Java code to get the three different types of objects.
query "OneFirmKnows"
    oRecord : MyObject1( status=="OneKnows" )
end

query "TwoKnows"
    oRecord : MyObject2( status=="TwoKnows" )
end

query "Matched"
    oRecord : MyObject1( status=="Matched" )
end

Each query sends back all objects no matter what the status is.  The objects have a getStatus( ) method.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Dennis