[rules-users] Updating interval events

anais amartinez at iti.upv.es
Thu Nov 11 05:11:23 EST 2010

Hello.

I'm using Drools in a system of alarms.  I have a drl file with rules in
wich I have defined events that are java classes. I have defined timed
events and interval events. My idea is that an external timer inserts some
interval events time to time. Well, the thing is that I need update an
interval event if another event appears.

I have read somewhere in documentation that updating an event is equal to
remove it and insert a new event with the changes made. If I update an
interval event, will its timestamp change? That is, if I update an interval
event, the moment that this event finishes will be delayed? The problem will
be solved if I assign its timestamp to one property of the event?

Thanks in advance.