[rules-users] Programatically adding rules to KnowledgeBase/StatefulKnowledgeSession

Pierre de Leusse pdl at agh.edu.pl
Thu Nov 18 11:14:09 EST 2010

Hello all,

I'm trying to add rules through my java code to a KnowledgeBase and I cannot
find any easy way to do so. So far, the only solution I could think of, is
to write the rule as DRL in a file that is "observed" by a KnowledgeAgent
(same with a RuleAgent I suppose). Is it possible to create a new
KnowledgePackage with the same name as the existing one and load it into the
KnowledgeBuilder?

I manage to remove rules using the following code:
statefulKnowledgeSession.getKnowledgeBase().removeRule(knowledgeSetName,
ruleName);

I thought that there would be a addRule method somewhere but not luck so
far.

The code I'm using to create my KnowledgeBase and StatefulKnowledgeSession
is shown below.

All the best,

Pierre

StatefulKnowledgeSession creation code:

StatefulKnowledgeSession ksession;

KnowledgeBuilder kbuilder;

KnowledgeBase kbase;

kbuilder = KnowledgeBuilderFactory.newKnowledgeBuilder();

kbuilder.add(ResourceFactory.newFileResource(Demo.class.getResource(Demo.drl
File).getPath()), ResourceType.DRL);

if (kbuilder.hasErrors()) {

                System.out.println(kbuilder.getErrors());

}

kbase = KnowledgeBaseFactory.newKnowledgeBase();

kbase.addKnowledgePackages(kbuilder.getKnowledgePackages());

ksession = kbase.newStatefulKnowledgeSession();

ksession.insert(.);

.

ksession.fireAllRules();