[rules-users] Integrate Fusion into Guvnor

John Peterson john.peterson.gv3k at statefarm.com
Fri Nov 19 11:14:31 EST 2010

Message: 4
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 07:01:36 -0700
From: "John Peterson" <john.peterson.gv3k at statefarm.com>
Subject: Re: [rules-users] rules-users Digest, Vol 48, Issue 72
To: <rules-users at lists.jboss.org>
<D3A6E68928C9104BB815C83F43A36BDF0ED540DD at WPSCV6NH.OPR.STATEFARM.ORG>

>Message: 2
>Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 09:07:33 +1100
>From: Xinhua Zhu <xhzhu at it.uts.edu.au>
>Subject: [rules-users] Integrate Fusion into Guvnor
>To: rules-users at lists.jboss.org
>
>Hi
>
>When Fusion can be integrated into Guvnor?
>
>BR
>Xinhua
>-------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was
>scrubbed...
>
>------------------------------

I asked this question about a month ago and never got a response, but,
through experimentation with it, I did learn some things:

1. There does not appear to be an easy was to define a Fact as an Event.
What I found out, though, is that if you create a technical rule, clear
out the "WHEN-THEN" stuff, you could put the declare in its place and it
seemed to work okay.

2. You can put Accumulates in your rules with Free Form DRL (Guided
Editor) or just use the Technical Rule Editor.  I also found that DSL
was easier for it since you could parameterize your sliding windows,
etc., so all you had to do is pop in the values.

3. I don't think your event streams can be built in the Guided Editor
(at least in 5.0.1), so that may force you to do Technical Rules/DRL or
DSL.