[rules-users] Building a rule base from the content of a directory

Justin Case send_lotsa_spam_here at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 21 17:54:20 EST 2010

Hi,

> Are you talking about  DroolsCompilerAntTask and DroolsVerifierAntTask

> Ant tasks (that I discovered  after having read you email)?

I actually wrote my own compiler task, for reasons of playing with the  class
loader and pre-merging all files - performance-increasing tricks  which with
5.1.1 don't bring anything anymore. So yes, the Drools own Ant task is today
just as good.

> the Drools RCP plugin enables to create "rule resources",  either "rule
> packages" (a DRL file with package, import, globals...) in a  single DRL
[...]
> For the  moment I tend to think that, like in Guvnor UI, the solution is
> to have  conventions (this directory contains "individual rules", that
> directory  contains "rule packages", that one "business  rules"...).

I'm using only DRL files (technical, like your rule packages) and they are
indeed grouped by naming conventions. I don't find this way particularly  great
and I think I should allocate some time to rethink it...

JC