[rules-users] Urgent..Dynamic nature of rules

nkumar nkumar at objectwave.com
Tue Nov 23 11:00:59 EST 2010

Hi,

Is there any way to get the rules from external source rather than loading
this from .drl file every time? because of changing behavior of the rules,
rule file has to be changed if a user introduces a new rule in the system.
Please help me out how can we solve this. i am new to drools and even i
don't know how to write rules properly. Can we store this in a database or
can we save rules somewhere so that next time rather than loading this from
direct rule file, we load this from that data source. User of this
application is non technical and i also need to make an interface to get the
rules in plane English which will convert those into rules accordingly.
Guvnor is not much user friendly. Can anyone please help me out. My deadline
is near.

this is the structure of the rule which i need to make after loading the
data.

        when
                        b:Feature(featureClass.name=="FrontSuspension")
                        c:Feature(featureClass.name=="FrontAxle")
                        eval(b.attributes.Capacity>=c.attributes.Capacity)
        then
                        AvailabilityRuleState s = new
AvailabilityRuleState();
                        s.setValue("A");//Available
                        s.setReason("");
                        s.setReference("FA-FS:1");
                        resultState.add(s);
        end

Please help me out. i will really appreciate your help.

Thanks