[rules-users] Rules trace questions

Anais Martinez amartinez at iti.upv.es
Wed Nov 24 09:10:11 EST 2010

Thanks for your response.

So, I have to change LogEvent.ACTIVATION_CREATED to
LogEvent.AFTER_ACTIVATION_FIRE, right?

>Triggering the writing of a log to disk by inserting a fact (Output) may
>cause confusion since there's no guarantee that the firing according to
>the new Output() will happen *next*. Other activations may result in
firings
>in between.

You mean that if I write in the RHS, the event trace will contain
activations of another traces?

Is WorkingMemoryInMemoryLogger unstable too? I just have tested it by
sending the
result of getEvents from RHS to a java class (which controles the string). I
have change the filter too. In the main method:

 Message message = new Message();
 message.setMessage("Message 1 hello");
 message.setStatus(Message.HELLO);
 ksession.insert(message);

 Message message2 = new Message();
 message2.setMessage("Message 2 goodbye");
 message2.setStatus(Message.GOODBYE);
 ksession.insert(message2);

 ksession.fireAllRules();

The result of getEvents() is:

<object-stream>
  <list>
    <org.drools.audit.event.ActivationLogEvent>
      <type>7</type>
      <activationId>GoodBye [2]</activationId>
      <rule>GoodBye</rule>
      <declarations>myMessage=Message 2 goodbye(2)</declarations>
    </org.drools.audit.event.ActivationLogEvent>
    <org.drools.audit.event.ActivationLogEvent>
      <type>7</type>
      <activationId>regla final [3]</activationId>
      <rule>regla final</rule>
      <declarations>s=Salida( text=Message 2 goodbye )(3)</declarations>
    </org.drools.audit.event.ActivationLogEvent>
    <org.drools.audit.event.ActivationLogEvent>
      <type>7</type>
      <activationId>Hello World [1]</activationId>
      <rule>Hello World</rule>
      <declarations>myMessage=Message 1 hello(1); m=Message 1
hello(1)</declarations>
    </org.drools.audit.event.ActivationLogEvent>
    <org.drools.audit.event.ActivationLogEvent>
      <type>7</type>
      <activationId>GoodBye [1]</activationId>
      <rule>GoodBye</rule>
      <declarations>myMessage=Message 1 hello(1)</declarations>
    </org.drools.audit.event.ActivationLogEvent>
  </list>
</object-stream>

Thank you again.