[rules-users] [Flow] Waiting for certain Event based on Event-Data

Gregor Ryba Gregor.Ryba at infor.com
Wed Nov 24 09:38:16 EST 2010

Hi,

i've got multiple workitems, i want to process via my workflow

so i'm starting my workflow once with every workitem passed as variable (so they are running simultaneously)
in the workflow i sometimes have to wait for an event to occur - but such an event is only linked to one of the workitems

i added an (Message) Event Node followed by a Join so the process Blocks

class Event{
    string ItemId;
}

after receiving the event i could check if the ItemId equals the one of the workitem, but if that's not the case i would have
to go one step back and AGAIN listen for the event.

can i somehow make a loop or anything else, so the process blocks until an Event with the right ItemId occurs?

regards